First things first, I would like to mention that I am having a sale over on my Etsy shop - the sale ends at 11:59 on July 31, so be sure to make your way over there before it's too late!
Now onto today's post - every now and then I feel as though I have a particularly good week, and this was one of those. I got quite a bit of work done and part of me wonders if I can keep it up. Usually the weekend tends to interfere with my flow, but only time will tell.
- The first art update I have for this week is the completion of the above piece of artwork. Her name is Vera Aras, and I created a page to explain her story. Originally I had created the piece with the blue background, but the longer I looked at it, the more conflicted I became. I eventually changed the background to purple, and I think I like it better. I may end up offering both options in my Etsy shop. This was originally available on my Patreon for early access.
- Speaking of my Etsy shop, I have made several significant updates this week, and I'm very happy with the new options that are available. First things first, as shown in the photo above, I took my favorite pieces I created during The 100 Day Project and turned them into stickers! You can choose your favorite 5 for $4.00. I have also added a few new prints to my shop, and am preparing to add some 4"x6" prints in addition to the 8.5"x11" ones.
- In addition to my Etsy shop, I have made a Fiverr, in order to offer an option for commission work, which I'm very excited about as well. A basic sketch starts at $5, with options for ink, color and full body available from there.
- Continuing with the updates of Binary Tears, my word count for that draft is currently at 18,545. This makes the progress for this week a grand total of 7,421 words. It's not as many as I managed to pull off last week, but I haven't written yet today. My main goal for this draft was to complete 20,000 words in the month of July, so I'm right on track to achieve that. The ultimate goal would be to complete the draft, as it is a novella.
- I also did some writing this week for what will eventually be included in my art book. I wrote two descriptions, and I will probably end up needing about twenty. That's already a tenth of the way done, so I'm happy enough with that. I hope to do a few more in the coming week, especially now that I've almost hit my goal for Binary Tears.
- Another thing I was working on this week was the continuation of editing scripts for my next SkillShare class. I have officially completed the scripts and typed up the edit, so I'm hoping to start filming and editing next week!
- I believe that the video updates this week were where I truly thrived. I took a little bit of a break, where I was only updating a few times a month, but I realized just how much I missed creating videos. This week, I uploaded a Sketchbook Sunday video as well as a an illustration time lapse, and I'm very happy with the results of the videos. I feel as though I'm slowly improving the process. Both of these videos were available for early access on my Patreon before they went live on YouTube.
- Another thing that I'm also very excited about is the fact that I also completed a video for my main channel this week! At of right now, I think it will be available on my Patreon on Sunday, then for the public/YouTube on Tuesday.
- As far as the progress of other videos, I recorded the coloring process of Vera Aras which I'm planning to show in the weeks that follow. I also recorded a Sketchbook Sunday video, but there is another that will be released before that one. I have also made significant progress on the edit of my NEXT main channel video - I'm trying to update that channel more consistently, though it's difficult.
In the end, I'm very proud of what I was able to accomplish this week - I hope you all enjoyed following me as I explained what I've been up to. I'll see you all next week!