I'm finally getting back around to doing a weekly (inconsistently) update, and a lot has happened. Due to hurricane Irma, my family and I left the state for about a week while everything boiled over. There wasn't a lot of time for creating art or videos, and the idea of doing a weekly update when all I had to talk about was my sketchbook didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. However, I'm finally starting to get back into the swing of things, and I have quite a few things to talk about this time around.
- As far as finished pieces of artwork were concerned, this week was extremely productive. First and foremost, I made my way back into the realm of watercolor with the piece on the far left. It's been a while since I've done anything watercolor related, so it was a nice change of pace from all the digital work I've been doing.
- Speaking of digital work, I had posted a color prompt concept over on my Instagram where people could chose a color palette from some I had pre-selected, then give a prompt and I would draw it digitally. I completed a total of two pieces from this idea, and have two more in the works. It's a really nice way to motivate myself to continuously make art, as well as working with the shapes of shadows.
- An additional digital piece I did this week that can also be found on my Instagram is an entry I created for a contest to represent a social media site as a character; I did YouTube as a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde type persona.
- I haven't done a lot of writing this week, but I did do an introduction for a section of my art book. It's only one, but I'm hoping to complete the rest of the writing for that art book in the coming week.
- One other thing that I wasn't sure if I should include in this section or not is the brainstorming I've been doing for Inktober. As opposed to simply creating the artwork on the exact day itself, I wanted to do at least a bit of preparation in order to make the process a little more enjoyable (especially since I've been hoping to create some videos showcasing the pieces. I wanted to know the stories behind the pieces themselves, so I've been working on that.
- As with weeks prior, my primary focus this week has really been on creating video content. I thoroughly enjoy the process of making videos, from the actual creation of the art, to the recording, to the editing, so I'm super happy to show off the three above. The top two are from my art channel, and the last is more humor based (but still revolves around the World of Immensum).
- While we're on the subject of videos, I have recorded the main footage and started the first edit of a video that will show up on my art channel on Sunday. So be on the lookout for that!
So far, it feels really nice to be back at it, and in the end, that's why I do it. It's just encouraging to see that every now and again. I hope you all had a productive week, and I'll see you next time!