Much like last week, the majority of my work this week was focused on YouTube and creating videos to post over there. I've slowly but surely started to fall in love with the actual process of creating videos, and it fills me with an incredible sense of accomplishment to set a video up to be posted. So with that being said, let's move on to this week's updates!
- My attention this week has been pretty heavily focused on making videos (since I've really been enjoying that lately), so the actually completed art updates are few and far between. However, I did do the drawing above on the iPad Pro, which as of right now I am considering in the same series of illustrations as Counting Stars. I really enjoyed working with silhouettes here.
- The only other art update I have for this week is the fact that I have been consistently working in my sketchbook - it's something that I've been wrestling with for a while now, and I feel like I might finally be starting to get into some sort of routine. Hopefully I can keep it up.
- I'm really hoping to get a bit more writing done in the coming week, but I really only have one update for this section. I've started working on a script for a video I want to record for my main channel. I've begun to re-conceptualize how exactly I want it to be put together. The script is close to being completed, so I might end up recording it in the coming week.
- As mentioned previously, my attention this week was primarily on YouTube. I think the reason for that is that I have recently started to fall in love with the process of creating videos, even down to the actual editing process. Because of this, it takes up a lot of my time. The first video update I have for this week is the eight video in my Sketchbook Sunday series. I talked about sketchbooks in general and how they can be imperfect (and possibly should be).
- The second video I uploaded this week was a take on the Monthly Favorites videos that are typically applied to makeup. I had a lot of fun thinking about the aesthetic of this video, and picking the supplies that I found myself coming back to again and again.
- Although it will not be uploaded until this coming Sunday, I also put the finishing touches on the editing of Sketchbook Sunday Episode 9. Again, I tried to be a little more conscious about the actual look of the video, which is something I've been trying to heavily focus on lately. I'm hoping it will continue to improve the quality of my videos.
- Last, but certainly not least, I have a few videos currently in the works. I have made notes that I will use to record the voice over for the illustration I talked about in my art updates, and I recorded the beginning of another video I had an idea for. That one in particular is sort of far out and probably won't make an appearance until the week after next, at least. However, that's on the horizon!
So as you can see, I've been busy setting in stone the things I was considering last week, and I hope you all are as excited to see the results of my work as I am. I'll see you all next week with another update!