My productivity this week wasn't quite up to par with some weeks I've completed previously, but I did a lot of reassessing. That meant a lot of thinking, pondering, and writing down my thoughts and emotions in an attempt to figure out what exactly I wanted to do in the weeks that follow. Because of this, I'm willing to let it slide.
- Despite the fact that I didn't manage to achieve a whole lot this week, I did manage to complete two digital illustrations, which is encouraging. The first illustration came about due to the mere concept of wanted to draw a character with glowing eyes to turn into a gif. I ended up titling this piece "One in a Few", and I'm really happy that it turned out the way I pictured it in my head.
- The second piece I did this week was extremely time consuming - not including all of the prep work that went into it, the final illustration took a total of five hours to complete. I'm extremely happy with the way it turned out, and I think I'm getting better at rendering metal, which is a plus.
- The only writing update I have to share this week was the official story page I created for One of a Few in order to explain what exactly was going on in that gif. I was mainly focused on illustration and video creation this week, which was a nice change of pace.
- The first video update I have to share this week was Sketchbook Sunday #7, in which I did a character development session to determine what design I wanted to use for a piece I was attempting to develop. I really do like working on gray tone paper, as it turns out.
- The second video is this weeks illustration time lapse, and it is of the deer queen piece I previously mentioned in the art updates section. This video was a hassle to try to wrestle into being, since I ended up rendering it twice even though the first render had worked out perfectly fine. I'm still frustrated about that one.
- As far as videos that are currently in progress, I recorded and partially edited this week's Sketchbook Sunday video (which I should probably record the rest of today), and worked excessively on a video for my main channel. It's almost complete, so there is a possibility it might go live next week.
- Speaking of my main channel, that is the primary thing I was trying to reassess this week. I've been trying to figure out ways to make that channel more entertaining while still being true to myself. In addition to all of that, I would also like to focus on uploading videos more frequently, as the slow pace is starting to get to me emotionally. I hope all the thinking I did on the subject this week will pan out.
In the end, even though this week wasn't quite as productive as some previous weeks, I'm happy with where I've ended. Every now and again I just need some time to think, and this week turned out to be that for me. I'm learning to be okay with that.