I'm finally getting back around to doing a weekly (inconsistently) update, and a lot has happened. Due to hurricane Irma, my family and I left the state for about a week while everything boiled over. There wasn't a lot of time for creating art or videos, and the idea of doing a weekly update when all I had to talk about was my sketchbook didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. However, I'm finally starting to get back into the swing of things, and I have quite a few things to talk about this time around.Read More
Much like last week, the majority of my work this week was focused on YouTube and creating videos to post over there. I've slowly but surely started to fall in love with the actual process of creating videos, and it fills me with an incredible sense of accomplishment to set a video up to be posted. So with that being said, let's move on to this week's updates!Read More
My productivity this week wasn't quite up to par with some weeks I've completed previously, but I did a lot of reassessing. That meant a lot of thinking, pondering, and writing down my thoughts and emotions in an attempt to figure out what exactly I wanted to do in the weeks that follow. Because of this, I'm willing to let it slide.Read More
Even though this week didn't have quite as many individual completed tasks as last week did, I'm still very happy with what I managed to achieve. Of course, there is always room for improvement, but this week was full of the actual completion of goals, so I'm not complaining.
- The first art update I would like to discuss this week has to do with working in my sketchbook on a more consistent basis. I've worked in said sketchbook every day for the past two weeks, and I have to say that it's good to be back. I took a break for a while, mostly due to the 100 Day Project. However, since that's now all said and done, I have a lot more time to devote to individual sketches.
- On a related note, today (7/28/2017) marks the date that I officially completed the final page of my fourth completed sketchbook. It's such a good feeling, and it never gets old. I'm pretty sure that even if I had finished a hundred sketchbooks, it would still be incredible.
- Another art update that I have in the works is a more final digital piece that I've been working on. I did some thumbnailing to experiment with what would look best, and the sketch phase is completed. I'll probably work on the line art and potentially color today (tomorrow at the latest). You can see the progress of this piece on my Patreon, at the $8 tier.
- Binary Tears is moving right along as far as its progress is concerned - this is actually another area in which I have completed a goal. During the month of July, NaNoWriMo hosts a camp version of the challenge in which you can set your own goals. I had decided that I wanted to write 20,000 words, and I managed to hit that goal and keep going. As of yesterday (I haven't written yet today), the word count sits at 26,040 words, which is a total of 7,495 words that I managed this month. The novella is beginning to hit its downwards slope.
- In addition to those 7,495 words on Binary Tears, I have also written a total of four sections for my art book. Once the rough draft for Binary Tears is completed, I will be able to dedicate more of my time to writing this content. However, I'm happy that it's moving along regardless.
- The first video update I would like to discuss this week is the first shown above - it is a main channel video (it took long enough) that I'm ultimately pretty proud of. Of course, I always feel like it could have turned out better, but I'm actually happy with it's current state. Hopefully the next main channel video won't take quite so long to get out.
- The second video I uploaded this week was on my side channel, where I did a more in depth explanation of the time I had working with the 100 Day Project. I talked about what I thought some of the benefits of participating in the project (or something similar) were, and where some of the struggles stemmed from. It's a bit different than some of the other videos on this channel, but I enjoyed working on it. You can see a little more about it here.
- The final thing I have to share this week has to do with the recording of the videos as opposed to the actual editing of them. I have recorded some of the final pages of my sketchbook, in order to stock up on some Sketchbook Sunday videos (which I'm hoping to have one of live this Sunday). Currently in the works I have three Sketchbook Sunday videos recorded, one separate art time lapse, and one main channel video.
In the end, I'm really happy with the way this week turned out, even if it wasn't quite as productive as last week. It's nice to be able to sit down and reflect, and I would encourage it to anyone looking for a way to help their motivation.