Much like last week, the majority of my work this week was focused on YouTube and creating videos to post over there. I've slowly but surely started to fall in love with the actual process of creating videos, and it fills me with an incredible sense of accomplishment to set a video up to be posted. So with that being said, let's move on to this week's updates!Read More
world of immensum
My productivity this week wasn't quite up to par with some weeks I've completed previously, but I did a lot of reassessing. That meant a lot of thinking, pondering, and writing down my thoughts and emotions in an attempt to figure out what exactly I wanted to do in the weeks that follow. Because of this, I'm willing to let it slide.Read More
A big thing that happened this week as far as my writing is concerned was the completion of the first draft of Binary Tears! I'm pretty happy with the way the novella turned out, as far as a first draft is concerned, but I'm sure I'll think otherwise when I reread it in December, when I plan to start editing.Read More
Even though this week didn't have quite as many individual completed tasks as last week did, I'm still very happy with what I managed to achieve. Of course, there is always room for improvement, but this week was full of the actual completion of goals, so I'm not complaining.
- The first art update I would like to discuss this week has to do with working in my sketchbook on a more consistent basis. I've worked in said sketchbook every day for the past two weeks, and I have to say that it's good to be back. I took a break for a while, mostly due to the 100 Day Project. However, since that's now all said and done, I have a lot more time to devote to individual sketches.
- On a related note, today (7/28/2017) marks the date that I officially completed the final page of my fourth completed sketchbook. It's such a good feeling, and it never gets old. I'm pretty sure that even if I had finished a hundred sketchbooks, it would still be incredible.
- Another art update that I have in the works is a more final digital piece that I've been working on. I did some thumbnailing to experiment with what would look best, and the sketch phase is completed. I'll probably work on the line art and potentially color today (tomorrow at the latest). You can see the progress of this piece on my Patreon, at the $8 tier.
- Binary Tears is moving right along as far as its progress is concerned - this is actually another area in which I have completed a goal. During the month of July, NaNoWriMo hosts a camp version of the challenge in which you can set your own goals. I had decided that I wanted to write 20,000 words, and I managed to hit that goal and keep going. As of yesterday (I haven't written yet today), the word count sits at 26,040 words, which is a total of 7,495 words that I managed this month. The novella is beginning to hit its downwards slope.
- In addition to those 7,495 words on Binary Tears, I have also written a total of four sections for my art book. Once the rough draft for Binary Tears is completed, I will be able to dedicate more of my time to writing this content. However, I'm happy that it's moving along regardless.
- The first video update I would like to discuss this week is the first shown above - it is a main channel video (it took long enough) that I'm ultimately pretty proud of. Of course, I always feel like it could have turned out better, but I'm actually happy with it's current state. Hopefully the next main channel video won't take quite so long to get out.
- The second video I uploaded this week was on my side channel, where I did a more in depth explanation of the time I had working with the 100 Day Project. I talked about what I thought some of the benefits of participating in the project (or something similar) were, and where some of the struggles stemmed from. It's a bit different than some of the other videos on this channel, but I enjoyed working on it. You can see a little more about it here.
- The final thing I have to share this week has to do with the recording of the videos as opposed to the actual editing of them. I have recorded some of the final pages of my sketchbook, in order to stock up on some Sketchbook Sunday videos (which I'm hoping to have one of live this Sunday). Currently in the works I have three Sketchbook Sunday videos recorded, one separate art time lapse, and one main channel video.
In the end, I'm really happy with the way this week turned out, even if it wasn't quite as productive as last week. It's nice to be able to sit down and reflect, and I would encourage it to anyone looking for a way to help their motivation.
The beginning of this week was slow going, but I definitely gained momentum near the end. I think that Monday and Tuesday were rough because I had been busy for a few days prior, so the introvert in me needed some time to relax. However, after reviewing everything I've been working on this week, I'm happy with where I'm at currently.
- The major art update I have for this week is that I have officially completed my 100 Day Project! The site has been updated to show all of the finished pieces, and they can also be found on my Instagram. The two above photos show how much I progressed over the 100 days, and I'm glad I decided to use markers, since my skills before the project were subpar at best. I'm very happy to see my improvement!
- I also have quite a few updates concerning the art book I mentioned in last week's post. I have made several major decisions about the format and tone of the book, and have decided how I want to organize it. I have also picked a working title (World of Immensum: Press Start), and organized all of the files I pulled together in the context of this organization scheme. I plan to begin writing descriptions next week.
- One last note I have to share about my artwork is that I've done several thumbnails of pieces I want to work on in the week that follows. I'm not sure how many, if any, will actually be competed, but I have three pieces that are currently in the idea phase, and since I am no longer doing the 100 Day Project, I should have more time to spare.
- As I mentioned in the last post, I am currently in the middle of a writing project titled Binary Tears. The draft is currently at 11,124 words, which means that since the last update I have written 8,440 words. The past few days have been particularly good for the progress of this draft; I'm starting to get familiar enough with the characters that writing them feels familiar, and I'm still liking the way it's coming out.
- The other thing I have to incorporate into the writing updates section of this post is that I am currently in the process of editing the scripts I wrote last week; five of the video scripts are edited, and only three remain. I'm excited to go into production with this one.
- I completely edited and posted a sketchbook time lapse that is currently available on my Patreon for early access. It will be available on my Youtube channel on Sunday. This shows the process of several watercolor pages as well as a lot more experimentation that I did in various mediums. It's been a while since I worked in my sketchbook on a regular basis, so it felt good to get back into it.
- In addition to the video discussed above, I am at various points of completion with several other videos. I have made significant progress on one of my main channel videos, which I'm hoping to have up in the coming week. I have another side channel video waiting to be edited, and I'm fairly certain that video will be up in the coming week as well. There is a second main channel video that isn't quite as close to being completed, and I also recorded another sketchbook video that will likely be live on Youtube the following Sunday.
As I mentioned in the introduction to this post, I'm very happy about the things I was able to achieve this week. I hope I can continue this momentum this coming week, but only time can tell. I hope you enjoyed seeing what I was up to this week and I'll see you next Friday for another update.